Ask Congress for Increased Housing Investments
State and local governments and the communities they serve rely on federal resources to meet the housing, homelessness, and community development needs of their communities. However, Congress has underfunded these resources for decades.
Contact your members of Congress and urge them to support top housing priorities in FY23, including:
- An expansion of housing choice vouchers to an additional 200,000 households;
- Significant funding to preserve and operate public housing;
- Additional Low Income Housing Tax Credits, to help produce and preserve homes
- Critical funding for rural rental housing needs, including $200 million for USDA’s 515 program;
- $20.8 million to expand the Native American Section 502 relending pilot program, to increase access to affordable home loans in rural Native communities.
Contact your Senators here.
Contact your Representatives here.