Work with us: MHP seeks contract project manager to support campaign to increase funding for affordable housing
MHP is seeking a contract project manager to help support a campaign for more funding for affordable housing. Candidates should have experience managing multi-stakeholder coalitions and processes, as well as experience in fundraising and working with businesses and community organizations. Ideal candidate will possess significant skills in coordinating and facilitating decision-making for large, diverse coalitions; ability to relate to diverse individuals.
- Coordinate all aspects of a public education and legislative campaign, including fundraising, communications/media, grassroots, field work, coalition outreach and maintenance, and internal campaign administration.
- Help drafting and implementing a campaign plan.
- Actively participate in development and implementation of campaign fundraising plan.
- Serve as point of contact for local, regional, statewide and national media outlets seeking information regarding the campaign.
- Attend all coalition meetings and subcommittee meetings as needed, and provide regular, comprehensive updates on activities.
- Respond to inquiries from coalition partners and elected officials regarding the campaign.
- Oversee management of web site; new media; list and database development, management and usage.
- Previous experience managing campaigns or coalitions preferred
- Demonstrated success at meeting fundraising targets
- Previous experience working with local, regional, state and national media outlets, including print, radio, television, new media, blogging community.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations relating to campaign finance and campaign operations in Minnesota.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and ability to facilitate meetings with diverse participation.
- Previous grassroots experience, and experience with voter identification, micro targeting, data usage and management is helpful.
This is a contract position with oversight by MHP Director of Strategic Initiatives and Policy; This position may also coordinate with other contractors supporting a campaign for more funding for affordable housing. Approximate hours of 10-20 per week and potential need for increased time in the future. Position is to start immediately for anticipated 6 month duration; opportunity to continue for up to 1 year.
To apply: email resume and cover letter with hourly rate proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Elizabeth Glidden, Director of Strategic Initiatives and Policy, MHP, at email@example.com