Still time to influence the MN tax bill! Take Action now!
The tax bill is still being negotiated by State legislative leaders. Two of MHP’s top housing priorities are in play. But they need a strong show of support. Please email Tax Conference Committee Co-Chairs Paul Marquart (DFL, Dilworth) and Carla Nelson (Republican, Rochester).
What’s in play:
- 4d property tax relief for affordable housing providers
- The Housing Tax Credit for new development and preservation for single and multi-family homes.
Suggested language for your email or phone communications:
There is not enough affordable and workforce housing of any type, meaning not all Minnesotans have access to safe, stable, and affordable housing or opportunities to build wealth. The Housing Tax Credit provides flexibility: it can work in communities of all sizes and support a variety of housing development and preservation. The Housing Tax Credit promotes public-private partnerships: it is easy for individuals and business to support affordable and workforce housing. Please support the Housing Tax Credit.
Housing providers need tax relief now. Modifications to the 4d tax classification will ensure that housing providers can support their residents by freeing up more funds to keep rents affordable and maintain safe and healthy homes. Please support modifying the 4d tax classification.
[your name; org (if applicable); address; contact
Send your emails to:
- Chair Marquart: email@example.com
- Cc Committee staff Nathan Jesson : Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chair Nelson: email@example.com
- Cc Committee staff Brian Steinhoff: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have an additional moment, please also email Speaker Hortman and Majority Leader Gazelka: