Sign up to get the latest news, action alerts and opportunities from MHP!
Engage for affordable homes!
- Volunteer to advocate with MHP!
- Share our 2021 Key Facts About Affordable Housing. Download it here.
2021 Legislative Session Summary
2021 MHP State Legislative Agenda
Download the 2021 MHP State Legislative Agenda here.
Local Housing Trust Funds
Encourage local jurisdictions to dedicate revenue in a local housing trust fund (LHTF) for affordable housing, including as a state match.
- Download MHP’s one-pager here
- Track HF 528 here
- Adopted LHTF's in Minnesota
- LHTFs in Minnesota: Featured Stories
Source of Income Protection
Amend Minnesota Human Rights Act to clarify that source of income discrimination encompasses all forms of housing assistance.
4d Affordable Housing Incentive
Modify the tax classification and implement a uniform $0.25 tax rate on affordable rental units. In partnership with the 4d alliance.
Minnesota Affordable Housing Tax Credit
An innovative new tool that encourages local businesses and neighbors to invest in their community by creating housing opportunities.
Minnesota's Challenge Fund
Invest in the Economic Development and Housing Challenge Fund, or “Challenge Fund”, a major state resource to create housing for families across a wide range of incomes.
Bring it Home Campaign
Create a statewide rental assistance campaign that ensures that all households below 30% AMI pay no more than 30% of their income on rent.
Manufactured Home Park Opportunity to Purchase
An Opportunity to Purchase law for manufactured home parks will help residents of parks purchase and convert their parks into cooperatively owned entities. Displacement caused by the loss of Naturally Occurring Affordable Housing has devastating and long-term consequences for households. Acquisition funds to help purchase, preserve the affordability, and improve the quality of these homes is critical to ending alarming trends in displacement.
Eviction Expungement Reform
Increase access to eviction expungements to increase housing access and opportunity.
Each year at the state level, Minnesota Housing Partnership (MHP)
- Convenes Minnesota housing leaders for conversations on important policy topics, such as the Qualified Allocation Plan (QAP)
- Provides policy and technical expertise to public agencies and lawmakers
- Coordinates opportunities for constituents and lawmakers to meet and learn about local needs for affordable homes, including in Greater Minnesota
- Lobbies to increase and protect access to and public investment in affordable homes, especially for those with the greatest needs, communities of color, and indigenous communities
- Advocates on behalf of the Homes for All legislative agenda. MHP is a key member of this statewide coalition of more than 200 organizations.