We support, strengthen and amplify the advocacy capacity of community members, including sharing information and opportunities to act.
2020 Candidate Questionnaire on Housing
Advocate with MHP!
The MHP Public Policy team is working hard now to connect advocates like you to elected lawmakers. MHP invites you to be a part of our advocacy team. Whether you attend a virtual meeting with your lawmakers, write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper, or organize with people in your networks, your efforts are important and make a difference. Sign up to advocate today!
NON-PARTISAN VOTER AND CANDIDATE ENGAGEMENT
- MHP Candidate Forum Guide
- Candidate Forum Guide from Nonprofit VOTE
- Our Homes Our Votes 2020
- Boulder Advocacy
Data on Minnesota Housing Trends from MHP
- 2019 State of the State of Housing
- Key Facts on the Need for Affordable Housing Investment
- Data on Jobs, Race and COVID-19 in Minnesota
- Income, wage, and cost-burden impacts for state's jobs most affected by COVID19 shutdowns
- Data on wages and cost-burden for over 20 impacted jobs
- Candidate Engagement Webinar: Housing Votes 2020 (Sept 9, 2020): A webinar on the importance of candidate engagement during the 2020 election, with a focus on housing. Learn about the 2020 Candidate Questionnaire on Housing Issues, tips for non-profits engaging with candidates, and virtual and social media engagement. You can find presentation slides (PDF) here, video recording here, and the meeting chat (PDF) here.
- Lawmaker Scheduling: Tips, Scripts, and How To’s
- Telling your Story: Engaging with Lawmakers
- Register to vote
- Minnesota Secretary of State’s Office
- Find who represents you
Read MHP’s regular newsletter, MHP Connect, and sign up to receive copies in your inbox. Here.