Sign up to get the latest news, action alerts and opportunities from MHP!
MHP advocates for investments and policies that support affordable homes and strong communities, especially for people with the greatest needs. We work at the state, federal, and local levels to achieve our affordable housing goals.
- MHP develops and supports public policy proposals impacting housing and provides feedback on administrative policy and legislation. MHP’s Public Policy Advisory Group provides advice to MHP on public policy issues in housing, with a focus on equity analysis.
- Read MHP’s regular newsletter, MHP Connect, and sign up to receive copies in your inbox. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news.
- We support, strengthen and amplify advocacy capacity of community members, including sharing information and opportunities to act. Sign up to advocate with MHP’s Public Policy team today!
MHP works in partnership with coalitions and campaigns to achieve local, state and federal public policy goals.
MHP's federal campaign partners are:
- ACTION Campaign (A Call to Invest in our Neighborhoods)
- NLIHC (National Low Income Housing Coalition)
- NRHC (National Rural Housing Coalition)
- Opportunity Starts at Home (Minnesota Chapter)
- The Rural Preservation Workgroup
- Up for Growth
MHP's state campaign partners are:
- Bring it Home
- Homes for All Minnesota
- MMAHEN (Minnesota Multifamily Affordable Housing Energy Efficiency Network)
- The 4d Alliance
- Minnesota ERASE Campaign
With the Homes for All Minnesota coalition and other partners, we raise the profile of affordable housing issues and urge legislators to act. We monitor administrative actions of Minnesota Housing and engage in advocacy around agency rules and policies.
Each year, MHP develops a state policy agenda. Find out more about our state level work, including our policy agenda and past legislative achievements here.
We partner with national organizations to protect and expand federal support for affordable homes and community development. We work with Minnesota members of Congress to support housing and community development issues.
We monitor administrative actions by the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the United States Department of Agriculture, and more, speaking out on the implications of proposed rules and policies.
Current initiatives include Rural Rental Housing Preservation, including a focus on USDA Rural Development Section 515 properties, and the Minnesota Chapter of Opportunity Starts at Home (OSAH-MN).
LOCAL & REGIONAL
We work to increase the financial and policy commitment of local and regional government to affordable homes. We provide expertise and support for regional housing goals and programs at the Metropolitan Council.
Current initiatives include: Support for Local Housing Trust Funds
We support, strengthen and amplify the advocacy capacity of community members, including sharing information and opportunities to act. Sign up to advocate with MHP’s Public Policy team today!