Minnesota Chapter of Opportunity Starts at Home (OSAH-MN)
The Minnesota Chapter of Opportunity Starts at Home (OSAH-MN) is a federal advocacy campaign working to meet the housing needs of under resourced Minnesotans. OSAH-MN is committed to organizing locally and acting at the federal level to secure the resources necessary to ensure that everyone has a home.
- Ready to participate In federal housing advocacy activities? Endorse the campaign!
- Download OSAH-MN’s informational one-pager, including mission statement here.
- Learn about the Opportunity Starts at Home national campaign here.
Questions about OSAH-MN? Contact Elizabeth Glidden at elizabeth.glidden at mhponline.org
OSAH-MN is offering small grants of $1,000 to support the ability of organizations to participate in and influence OSAH-MN monthly meetings and/or events. Grant awards shall be prioritized to support:
- Black, Indigenous and People of Color led organizations
- Organizations primarily serving/membership of Black, Indigenous and People of Color
- Organizations empowering communities/people most impacted by housing need and housing instability
- Organizations based in and serving Greater Minnesota and/or rural communities.
The application is open until grant funds are expended.
- OSAH-MN seeks to grow its coalition membership and participation through cross-sector organizing, including seeking support to help identify and recruit new members as well as support their continued participation and engagement in OSAH-MN activities. Responses to this RFP will be considered on an ongoing basis starting Friday, March 25, 2022, at 5 pm. Please send all responses by email to email@example.com
- Letter urging Minnesota’s Congressional Delegation to allocate the highest possible funding for housing purposes in the forthcoming economic recovery bills. (9/23/21)
- Letter to Minnesota Members of Congress to support the HoUSed Campaign. (5/23/21)
- Federal Housing Advocacy Webinar (3/26/21), Presentation slides (PDF): here, Recording: here, Meeting Chat (PDF): here.
- Webinar on effectively engaging your congressional delegation on housing issues (10/20/20). Presentation slides (PDF): here, Recording: here
- Letter urging the Minnesota Congressional Delegation support emergency housing assistance, a national uniform moratorium on evictions and foreclosures, unsheltered homelessness. (7/15/20)
- Letter to Minnesota’s Congressional Delegation with the National Campaign’s COVID-10 Round 4 Recommendations. (4/8/20)