MHP’s 2022 Central Minnesota Housing Summit
The Central Minnesota Housing Summit was developed in partnership with the Initiative Foundation and Sourcewell. MHP convened regional nonprofits, developers, and housing stakeholders for a peer-to-peer, in-person workshop on regional affordable housing needs and local solutions.
118 people registered from 65 different organizations representing 15 counties and 2 Native Nations!
Tuesday, December 6: Summit Opening Afternoon
Doors open at 3:30, Program at 4 pm. Includes dinner and:
- Opening Remarks: Melanie Benjamin, Chief Executive at Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe
- Minnesota’s Affordable Housing Needs: An Environmental Scan with Rose Surma, Executive Director, Oasis Central Minnesota; Anne Mavity, Executive Director, MHP
- Keynote Address: Heather Worthington, Director of Inclusive Growth, the Center for Economic Inclusion
- Optional: Stay over at Mille Lacs Grand Casino Hotel (limited free rooms)
Wednesday, December 7: Summit Programming
Includes breakfast, lunch and:
- Opening Remarks by former Minnesota Housing Finance Agency Commissioners Mary Tingerthal, Tingerthal Group, and Tim Marx, Winthrop & Weinstein
- Local Housing Solutions: Eric Charpentier, Executive Director of the Brainerd HRA; Dustin Goslin of Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures; Sara Bunn, Workforce Housing & Multifamily Engagement Manager, Minnesota Housing Finance Agency; Barbara Dolan, Deputy Director of Community Development, MHP
- 2023 Legislative Session Preview and Advocacy: Elizabeth Glidden, MHP, Deputy Director
- Housing Development 101: with Deanna Hemmesch, Central Minnesota Housing Partnership and Melissa Wyman, City of Staples
- Creating Impactful Partnerships in Affordable Housing Delivery: with John Rocker, Director of Lending, Greater Minnesota Housing Fund; Vicky Kinney, Executive Director, My Neighbor to Love Coalition; Gary Dietrich, GreenStep Coordinator, City of Hackensack, Bill Gray, Stakeholder Relations Director, Minnesota Homeownership Center,
- Action! Next Steps for Affordable Housing
A PDF of the full agenda is available via this link.
MHP provides a high quality and safe experience at all of its events. Our team is taking the necessary precautions as recommended by the CDC. Complimentary masks will be available.
MHP is committed to social, racial, gender, and economic justice and strongly encourages women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and individuals who identify as BIPOC or LGBTQ to participate.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with event inquiries and continue to check back on this event page as resources will be added as they become available.