Join our team! MHP seeks Office & Finance Associate
The Office and Finance Associate provides financial, human resources and administrative support for the organization. This includes office management and coordination of supplies and equipment, to serve all departments. They assist the Finance and Human Resources Director in ensuring Minnesota Housing Partnership (MHP) is fiscally responsible. They also maintain financial records that comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Finally, they help facilitate board meetings, other events and special projects.
This is a very exciting full-time position with a lot of responsibility. The right candidate will enjoy working closely with the leadership team and employees as we continue to strengthen the organization together.
A trusted expert and leading advocate, Minnesota Housing Partnership (MHP) has played a key role in advancing affordable housing and community development for more than three decades. Our team consists of community developers, researchers, communicators, and policy advocates.
Finance and Human Resources Director
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Office Management 20%
- Serve as main point of contact for all incoming visitors and phone calls.
- Perform general office duties, including incoming mail and ordering office supplies.
- Manage vendor relations; oversee and coordinate equipment maintenance.
- Ensure office is organized, including set-up and clean-up of conference rooms for meetings.
- Maintain permanent agency records and files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Management 30%
- Process weekly accounts payable (A/P) entry and prepare A/P checks.
- Support Federal billing (A/R) process.
- Manage vendor onboarding and assist with regulatory compliance.
- Prepare weekly bank deposits.
- Assist with annual financial audit preparation.
- Generate financial reports from QuickBooks as needed.
- Support staff with procurement of commodities and services.
- Human Resources Administration 20%
- Assist with new hire orientation, training and preparation for onboarding new staff; and partner with department heads to create onboarding schedules to welcome new team members.
- Employee benefits enrollment: Ensure that all eligible associates complete their enrollment forms and are forwarded to the responsible person for payroll entry.
- Employee benefits maintenance: Process employee benefit changes and terminations including offering of continuation of benefits as required by law.
- Assists with administrative procedures such as creating new employee mailboxes, track all parking passes, etc.
- Oversee employee files and database records.
- Assist with other needs as determined by Finance and Human Resources Director.
- Co-facilitate completion of payroll.
- Conduct employment and Background Check verifications.
- Facilitate Bi-annual Employee Engagement survey.
- Manage new recruitment activity.
- General Administrative and Board Support 30%
- Facilitate communication between the Board and Executive Director as required.
- Manage all-staff calendar and scheduled meetings for the Board and Leadership team with meeting reminders and updates as needed.
- Arrange and coordinate event logistics for meetings, trainings and retreats for Board and staff.
- Assist with preparation and dissemination of materials to support Board and committee meetings.
- Assist Executive Director with preparation for travel plans for meetings and other scheduled work activities.
- Participate in agency strategic planning activities.
- Be an active participant on the Central Service departmental planning and meetings as required.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and QuickBooks is preferred
- Must undergo and pass a background check
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Demonstrated experience with bookkeeping procedures
- Experience in office management
- Communications experience in a business environment
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree. Minimum Education: High School diploma or GED with 3 years or more relevant on the job experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to multitask and stay self-motivated with limited supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance multiple deadlines
- Ability to self-audit, checking for accuracy, identifying errors and reconciling discrepancies
- Professional interpersonal skills with colleagues, partners, clients and vendors
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and analytical thinking/problem solving; strong math skills
- Punctuality and attendance is an essential function of employment. Normal work hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with 30 minutes’ lunch break during weekdays. Occasionally participate in work meetings outside of normal business hours for board and other special meetings as needed.
- Exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality of critical and sensitive information, records and reports.
Specific software or equipment
- MS Office 365 Systems (2016) and SharePoint
- Google Suite Products
- Adobe Suite & Pro
Physical Demands (reasonable accommodations may be considered)
- Involves sitting/standing for extended periods of time, in order to work at a computer screen
- Lifting up to 20-25 pounds for occasional filing, event and meeting management
Licenses and/ or Certifications:
No direct reports.
Office environment, noise level – quiet
Good air quality and lighting
Occasional local travel for work related duties
MHP offers a dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environment, where we value work – life balance, and offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Candidates are invited to apply to HR@mhponline.org. Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing how your skills and experience will contribute to MHP’s work and organization.
Minnesota Housing Partnership is committed to social, racial, gender and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, women, LGBT individuals, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.