Join Our Team: MHP Seeks Community Development Officer
Minnesota Housing Partnership’s national technical assistance and capacity-building program strengthens the ability of organizations to build and preserve housing and community assets. From innovative community planning practices to knowledge of complex federal housing programs, our financial and technical expertise benefits state and local organizations.
As we continue to grow our team and reach, we are seeking a Community Development Officer responsible for providing support in planning, coordinating, and delivering capacity building and technical assistance in affordable housing, economic development and/or community development to state and local government, tribal communities, housing developers and publicly funded entities.
Photo: MHP’s Community Development team
This position reports to the Community Development Director. It is exempt, salaried, full-time, $55,000 – $65,000 DOQ, with a full benefit package, and flexible work schedule, including ability to work remotely.
- Assist in the implementation of work plans including providing direct/remote technical assistance to beneficiaries/recipients; which include government, non-profit organizations, and tribal entities throughout the State of Minnesota and nationally;
- Assist in creating and analyzing project development budgets and pro-formas, applying federal and state regulatory requirements to further beneficiary’s/recipient’s project goals;
- Provide Housing Institute team support focused on defining team goals, understanding local needs, and assisting in the successful implementation of a community development project;
- Support Community Development Managers in the research, the development and delivering of technical assistance and consulting services that increase capacity and organizational efficiency of governments, non-profits, tribal communities and other public agencies;
- Market Community Development Department programs and maintain contact with housing agencies and local governments. Support outreach for Community Development Department engagements;
- Perform other relevant tasks that may be assigned by the Community Development Director.
- Minimum three years of experience in community development, economic development or housing development.
- Experience with funding applications such as LIHTC, FHLB, MN Deed Small Cities or other private and/or public grants and loans.
- Knowledge of: HUD HOME, CDBG and SNAPS programs and/or USDA and other federal community development programs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively advocate on MHP’s behalf with stakeholders.
- Strong communication and writing skills; must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to travel as needed for state and national TA assignments which include overnight stays.
- Bachelor Degree and/or equivalent experience in relevant field preferred.
- Involves sitting/standing for extended periods of time, in order to work at a computer screen
- Lifting up to 20 pounds for occasional event and meeting management
- Finger and hand dexterity
- Vision, including close vision, ability to adjust or focus
- Hearing, Speaking
- Ability to travel throughout Minnesota and the nation with occasional overnight stays
- Office environment, noise level – quiet
- Good air quality and lighting
Send a cover letter and resume to HR@mhponline.org. Position is open until filled with first round of applications being reviewed August 3rd.