The Lakes & Pines region struggles to provide adequate, desirable, and affordable housing to all individuals and families. A regional housing study was recently conducted involving over 15 communities throughout the counties of Aitkin, Carlton, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, and Pine revealing interesting facts about the future state of housing in our region:
Overall, rental vacancy rates in the regional are extremely low at 2%, below the equilibrium (5%) for consumer choice and turnover. New rental development is needed for all incomes.
- Affordable rental vacancy rate = 0.6%
- Subsidized rental vacancy rate = 1.7%
- Market rate rental vacancy rate = 2.7%
Housing for seniors is very tight with an overall vacancy rate of 1%
- Market rate rental vacancy = 1.9%
- Congregate rental vacancy = 0.7%
- Assisted living rental vacancy = 1.8%
- Memory Care rental vacancy = 2.4%
In an effort to begin addressing the region's housing needs, Lakes and Pines Community Action Council is hosting a community dialogue to discuss needs and plan for the future.
Join us for a community dialogue
For questions regarding the outreach initiative or about the event, please contact: