Housing Policy Resources
- The Whitehouse
- The U.S House of Representatives
- The U.S Senate
- The Department Of Housing and Urban Development
- Find Your Elected Official
- Submit a Comment on a Federal Policy
Websites for National Housing Data
National Organizations with Housing Policy Positions
- The Center for Budget and Policy Priorities - A policy organization working at the federal and state levels on fiscal policy and public programs, including housing policy, that affects low- and moderate-income families and individuals.
- Consumer Federation of American - An association of nonprofit consumer organizations to advance the consumer interest, with special interest in homeownership and consumer credit.
- Council of Large Public Housing Agencies - A national nonprofit organization that works to preserve and improve public and affordable housing.
- Enterprise Community Partners - An organization that facilitates partnerships between public and private institutions to assist with housing and community development, particularly green development, in low income communities.
- Housing Partnership Network – A collaborative of the nation's leading housing and community development nonprofits interested in ownership and rental housing.
- National Alliance to End Homelessness- A nonprofit, non-partisan, organization committed to preventing and ending homelessness in the United States.
- The National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials - A professional membership organization composed of community development agencies and officials throughout the United States who administer affordable housing and community development programs locally.
- National Association of Home Builders - A trade association with particular interests in policies that promote home ownership.
- National Association of Realtors - An organization that represents the interest of realtors, with a specific interest in policies that affect home ownership.
- National Association of State Housing Agencies – A nonprofit organization representing the interest of the nation's state Housing Finance Agencies, with broad interest in housing and community development legislation.
- National Community Reinvestment Coalition - A nonprofit dedicated to harnessing the collective energies of community reinvestment organizations from across the country to increase the flow of private capital into traditionally underserved communities. NCRC has a particular interest in interest in consumer finance and lending policy.
- National Housing Conference – A nonprofit interested in housing and community development, particularly sustainable development.
- National Housing Trust – A nonprofit dedicated to preserving and revitalizing affordable housing.
- The National Low Income Housing Coalition - A national advocacy organization dedicated to preserving existing federally assisted homes and housing resources, expanding the supply of low income housing, and establish housing stability as the primary purpose of federal low income housing policy.
- National Rural Housing Coalition – A nonprofit advocacy group focused on the impact of USDA and HUD programs on rural communities.
Capitol Connect Recent Posts
- Post-Session Housing Highlights for 2014 in Minnesota
- Compromise bonding bill passes off House floor with $100M for housing
- Senate Proposal Includes $80 Million for Housing
- Statewide Coverage of Housing Features Superintendents and Local Impact
- Minnesota's largest school districts endorse United for Homes