The Housing Institute for Greater Minnesota, sponsored by MHP and the Greater Minnesota Housing Fund, fosters regional collaborations and builds the capacity of rural communities to meet local housing needs. Participating teams work on a housing project/program in their region over the course of a year. Quarterly training sessions and one-on-one technical assistance helps teams strengthen their skills to make their project a reality.
- 18 month commitment.
- Four in-person, 1 1/2 day workshops tailored to meet your project goals.
- Workshops hosted near your region to decrease travel time.
- Teams composed of 5-7 members, representing multiple organizations.
- Teams receive training and technical assistance services from MHP and GMHF.
- Homework and regular check-ins with MHP & GMHF staff between workshops.
- One follow-up event to share team accomplishments post-Housing Institute.
- Travel, lodging, and food costs provided.
- Participants include housing and redevelopment authorities (HRAs), economic development authorities (EDAs), nonprofit and/or for-profit entities, and community leaders who have expressed a willingness to collaborate.
"We came to understand more about low-to-moderate income housing needs and how to talk about them in Lincoln County. Our stakeholders understand better now that low-to-moderate income guidelines don't mean that an individual is a low or moderate person. Having the opportunity to report on what we learned at the Housing Institute created a platform for valuable discussion back home."-Vince Robinson, owner of Development Services Inc. and Lincoln County Housing Institute team member