We are searching for a Part-Time IT/Helpdesk Support Professional to assist end users with first-level incident analysis and resolution and accurate logging of the incident in the ticket management system. This position will track the incident until it is satisfactorily resolved and provide follow-up contact to the reporting end user.
The ideal candidate will be a good listener and problem solver with a positive attitude. We are looking for someone who is upbeat and enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic. The IT/Helpdesk Professional works 16-20 hours per week with a flexible schedule.
Minnesota Housing Partnership (MHP) convenes, guides, and supports a diversity of partners working to improve conditions of home and community. Building on decades of experience, we strengthen development capacity and promote policies that expand opportunity, especially for people at the lowest income levels.
- Helps to answer, evaluate, and prioritize incoming telephone, voicemail, email, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Provides first-level incident determination using documented procedures as an incident determination tool, soliciting assistance/training as needed from third party consulting IT specialist.
- Provides first level support for all LAN based PC’s and Macs on both the operating system and the applications levels.
- Helps troubleshoot and support end user and device network connectivity, including but not limited to cabling, routing, switching, wireless, and VPN.
- Monitors and updates incidents logged in the ticket management system.
- Maintains relationships with internal and external IT customers, measuring client satisfaction and recommending appropriate steps to enhance IT customer satisfaction.
- Assists in writing and/or revising user training manuals, procedures, knowledgebase articles, self-support articles and tech tips.
- Assists with project tasks as assigned.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in IT or a related field or working toward degree. Current students preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a proactive problem solver.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Previous experience in the following a plus:
- Windows Server administration,
- Office 365 administration,
- Microsoft Office Products,
- Windows and Mac operating systems
The wage for this position is $20/hour.
Minnesota Housing Partnership is committed to social, racial, gender and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, LGBT individuals, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.