We are searching for a Membership and Development Officer to lead donor outreach, recruitment, and stewardship to increase the financial resources and stakeholder engagement for MHP’s key programs.
The Membership and Development Officer is part of MHP’s fund development team. The primary focus of this position is the Investors Council, which represents industry leaders in affordable housing and community development. Key responsibilities include cultivating industry organizations as institutional donors, leading event planning, and working with MHP leaders to grow Investors Council membership. This position will also assist with cultivating new partnerships, engagement, and fundraising opportunities.
Minnesota Housing Partnership (MHP) convenes, guides, and supports a diversity of partners working to improve conditions of home and community. Building on decades of experience, we strengthen development capacity and promote policies that expand opportunity, especially for people at the lowest income levels.
The ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude and a positive approach to problem-solving. We’re looking for an enthusiastic self-starter to work collaboratively with staff, board leaders, and community members.
- Ensure that MHP reaches funding and membership goals.
- Identify and steward new donor, stakeholder, and partner relationships that advance MHP’s mission, focused on MHP’s Investors Council membership.
- Work with MHP staff to create and implement Investors Council membership recruitment and renewal campaigns.
- Lead the planning, coordination, logistics, marketing, registration, speaker arrangements, etc. for all Investors Council events (approximately 4 per year).
- Maintain contact record (CRM) database to track and build relationships with Investors Council members and other stakeholders (MHP uses local CRM provider theDatabank).
- Engage, staff, and lead the work of MHP board committees to increase Investors Council membership and leverage additional fundraising opportunities.
- Cultivate, steward and increase new and current member/stakeholder engagement with MHP programs, including policy programs and external events.
- Work with MHP staff to identify opportunities to increase financial resources, external visibility and stakeholder engagement in their programs.
- Promote MHP as an organization and promote Investors Council membership and engagement at relevant events.
- Assist in the creation of communications materials, content and promotion.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum two years of demonstrated success in donor development and fundraising.
- Minimum two years in promoting membership and/or resource development.
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple staff and key organizational stakeholders.
- Professional interpersonal skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Efficient multi-tasker with the ability to adapt to short deadlines and a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with enthusiasm for networking and relationship building.
- Experience building partnerships and collaborations with private sector, public sector, and nonprofit partners, preferably in housing and community development.
- Commitment to values of collaboration and equity.
- Proficient in basic office computer software systems (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365 and SharePoint, Google Docs, CRM databases - theDataBank).
Reports to - Director of Fund Development
Direct reports - none
The salary range for this position is $55-65K/annually. MHP offers a robust benefits package and flexible work schedule, including the ability to occasionally work remotely.
Minnesota Housing Partnership is committed to social, racial, gender and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, LGBT individuals, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.